Compression Test Jig for Foam Rubber Specimens
Automobile seats mainly can be tested
in accordance with the JIS K 6400 Soft Urethane Foam Rubber Test Method.
This test jig is for compression (hardness) testing of foam rubber and urethane foam used in vehicles, furniture and bedding. Air holes are provided for foam rubber compression tests.
Foam Hardness Measurement
The following shows the test control and data processing for obtaining foam hardness.
- Hardness of specimen (specimen thickness at initial test force value)
- Hardness at 25 %, 40 % and 65 % of specimen thickness is obtained.
The following shows measurement of the compression deflection coefficient and hysteresis loss ratio of foam.
- Compression deflection coefficient (S65/S25)
- Hysteresis loss (area enclosed by reciprocation/area of forward feed × 100)
|Max. test force||1 kN|
|Plate dia. (mm)||200 mm dia.|
|Specimen support plate (mm)||400 × 400|
|Specimen support plate air holes (mm)||Dia. 6.5, center distance 20|
|Operational temp. range||0 to +40 °C|
Foam rubber such as urethane for cushions, Automobile parts
* Appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
This page may contain references to products that are not available in your country.
Please contact us to check the availability of these products in your country.